“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Positive Perspective

Baby time!
I spent the first part of my day working in the office and helping with baby time, it was a busy morning! Baby time today was spent on the front "porch" of Casa de Fe with the littlest kids and the kids with special needs. I got to spend a bit of time playing with the chalk and chasing three little ones around, then I spent time with Michelle. It really is an emotional experience spending time with some of our kids that have the highest needs. They are God's beautiful children and they like everybody else on the planet need to be loved. This morning was hard, but good for my heart. I also got a lot done and am nearly finished with the sponsorship stuff I have been working on, I am feeling helpful and accomplished with that. A bunch of us went to lunch at the "Red place" also know as "Las Carnes", then I was off to the school. I spent the afternoon hanging artwork up in the different theme rooms, before speed walking to Bible Club. Along the way, down at the decay, I saw Duvi! It was awesome to see her and very briefly catch up. I couldn't have been more excited and surprised for this young lady to call and wave me back as I was rushing by with my eyes on the ground. I only caught the end of it, but I was very glad I did make it for some even if it wasn't much time. It was well worth it was I got to see
Micheal and Amanda & Michelle and I!
Martin with his new glasses upon arriving at the house to drop everybody off! He looked so handsome with his new lenses. Anna, Olivia, and I stopped at Johnny's after Bible Club for some much needed food. At last I got my "hamburgesa tejana" which is basically just a really good cheese burger with ham and a fried egg. As we sat there for a little bit up in the balcony a couple of bus fell on to the plates (we were all done eating), but it was still gross. It is one of those things that can only be described as "it's Ecuador"! Although it is not ideal to have critters falling in your food, you just learn how to deal with it. Having a positive perspective in life, mush as with the bugs in the food, is invaluable. God is faithful in His
Martin wearing his new glasses!
plans for my life and daily reminds me of the ways He is working. I pray that in all things I may continue to put on the armor of Christ and press on! "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" -Ephesians 6:18. God has given us all good gifts and has well prepared us for everything life has to offer, may we all continue to embrace where He has us and trust in where we will go. Life is all about perspective, choose the positive one! When Cheralyn and I went out to run a couple of errands I saw a dog snarling at another dog and like a brave young lady I froze, then grabbed Cheralyn's arm and hid behind her! I saw it all happening in slow motion, then scurried away. After a hard day of work I got to bed as early as I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment