“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, June 7, 2014

Care beyond measure


So precious!
This fine Saturday morning I went up to Casa de Fe with Christy to meet Heidi's team. Although they were quite a bit later than I anticipated, it was a sweet time of reflecting and watching the kids interact outside from upstairs in the therapy room. These were some thoughts that crossed my mind as I pondered life: When things appear to be broken it doesn't always mean they are, and when others seem to be perfectly together it doesn't mean it is true. Every day we are all facing battles and fears of some kind that others will probably never know. Though God works all things together for our good, this does not mean life is easy and everything goes the way we want. Our dreams are invaluable, but God's are so much bigger than we could ever hope. I thank the Lord for knowing the deepest desires in my heart and His vision for me, He fulfills all things in His precise timing. Trusting Him is all we need to even when it is the hardest. He cares for each of us far beyond our ability to measure. Seeing the faces of these precious children I am reminded of
Heidi visited Casa de Fe with her group of
Middle School Students!
how He guides us all, young and old, in the act of leading one another. If today was my last day on this earth all I would want to do is help people to know God's good and personal love! The boys were being boys and digging in the mud, I was a blessed to watch them work for a while. While they were working Jimmy was showing the little guys how to help build their mini fort, he was literally holding their hand and guiding them. Christy, Thalia, and I went down to the bridge to meet Heidi's team and take them up to Casa de Fe for a tour and day to play with the kids! It was an easy going morning and all too shortly it was time for lunch at Esmereldita's. I couldn't stop drinking the guaynabana juice, it is so yummy! As soon as we were done eating we headed back up to Casa, played Frisbee for a while, then I got a rockin' hair style. When I wrapped things up at Casa for the day I walked in to town, met up with Olivia, then went
Making empanadas at Sylvia's!
to Sylvia's (in Moravia) for empanadas and coffee with some of the other teachers! It was a great time of conversation and getting to know each other better. It was great practice for comprehending and speaking in Spanish! At the end of our time there we caught a taxi back to Shell and went over to the Freeman's for some food and intense games of Scategories! I forgot how much I like that game and I love spending time with good company!


No comments:

Post a Comment