“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 9, 2014

Amazon Rain

Our newest baby girl at Casa de Fe.
This morning there were four new children at Casa de Fe, the youngest in the family is a sweet baby girl only a couple of months and so sweet. The other ones were off at school, but she was sound asleep in the baby room. The song He Reigns by the Newsboys has a much deeper meaning when you get caught walking in a big rain or hear it beating down on the metal roof. This morning I did not get stuck in the rain on my way to work, but hearing it pour on the roof brought it this song to life this morning: "It's the song of the redeemed, rising from the African plain. It's the song of the forgiven, drowning out the AMAZON RAIN. The song of Asian believers, filled with God's holy fire. It's every TRIBE, every TONGUE, every NATION, a love song borne of a grateful choir. It's all God's children singing glory, glory, hallelujah, he reigns. Let it rise above the four winds, caught up in the heavenly sound. Let praises echo from the towers of cathedrals, to the faithful gathered on the ground. Of all the songs sung since the dawn of creation, some were meant to persist. Of all the bells on a thousand steeples, none rings truer than these. It's all God's children singing glory, glory, hallelujah, he reigns. And all the powers of darkness tremble at what they've just heard. Because all the powers of darkness can't drown out a single word. When all God's children sing, glory, glory, hallelujah, he reigns. It's all God's people singing glory, glory, hallelujah, he reigns". This power of this song struck me this morning, though I have heard it many times and seen rain in Ecuador many more. We are redeemed, we are forgiven, and our lives can set a fire in the hearts of others! I got to have a brief talk with kyle about separation between people in the church and not in the church and how important it is to fill the space and welcome people in. It is our job as the body of Christ to reach out to others, set a fire in the hearts of others and show them the true love of God through His son Jesus Christ. There was a big meeting for the long term staff with an organization at the multiuse building today and I was helping organize the snack and setting/serving the catered lunch. My childhood dream of working at a restaurant was kind of fulfilled! When I was all done helping serve the food I got to sit down and eat lunch with the group. At the end of the day I got to follow along and help Christy with the team visiting this afternoon. They were excited to be here and enjoyed spending time with the kids even though it was brief. We got to spend a little bit of time in the toddler play area with them and right before they left one of the men said he could tell how much I loved being here. I was flattered that he could see my passion to care for and serve in this place. Cheralyn hosted Anna and I for supper, we ate French toast and I think I have found just the right recipe for it! A day isn't truly done until the last errand is run and ice cream is consumed, so that is precisely what I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment