“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Walk in the truth

There were a few animals I  had never seen before
 and this was one of them!
It was raining when I went to bed last night and it was still raining when I rolled out of bed this morning. I had a quiet nice breakfast and quiet start to my day. When I was heading off to work I got to put on dry shoes since I was given an old pair. I ran in to Rick and Rebekah on the way and walked up the rest of the way with them. During our exercises Martin sat in his class line and did the exercises that he could. He was sitting in his chair working hard, so hard in fact he made his chair fall over. The surprise of the day was assisting the second and third grade field trip to the zoo. I didn't even know there was a field trip until shortly before leaving, but I was more than happy to help. There were lots of cool animals at the zoo and the kids had a great time seeing them all, talking about how cute some were and how scary others were! When I got back to school there was an empanada sitting on my desk, I had been craving one for a while and was more than pleased to find one sitting there from snack. I only had ten minutes before my gym class with 2nd and 3rd and it went great. They are starting to get the order of things and understand how class runs! They are pretty wild, but they are kids from the jungle. My class with 4th and 5th grade started off tough, because they saw the older girls playing soccer. They were not very happy when I said we were sticking with basketball, but once they started playing they had fun, they had to get over their initial
Joel admiring the alligator!

disappointment was challenging at first. I talked with several of the students individually throughout the class which went very good, they responded well and in the end could understand my decision. I am working with them to communicate with me about how they feel and it went well today. English was good, then it was time for Bible club. We continued talking about fruits of the Spirit and the verse for the week was from 3 John 1:2-4, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." During free time the kids were running wild. They kept wanting to hold my hands and walk up my legs to do a little somersault thing, I used to do that to my daddy all the time! It really is incredible to see the fun games children make up and play, because though they are worlds apart there are a ton of similarities between kids around the world past and present. When Bible Club was all done I tutored Marco in English, but he wasn't feeling very well so I kept the lesson short. On my way home I went to the market to pick up some food to make for supper. I really like being able to buy my food right before my meals and it's easy since I am by myself, but I get what I'm hungry for and it is always really fresh! After having supper and relaxing for a while I went back out to get food for breakfast tomorrow and got caught in the rain again! My advice to everybody is never to leave the house without a rain coat and sunglasses, but I haven't been doing a very good job of following my own advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment