“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Every creature in heaven and on earth

The day started off right by praying for the birthday boy, Carlos. He was so precious with his little hands folded and head bowed as one of the teachers was getting ready to pray for him, it warmed my heart. A while later as I was heading downstairs I dropped off some supplies in the fourth grade room and was greeted with a nice welcome by both Caila and Javier. It was a surprise and so respectful! I spent a while organizing the library before snack, then had some volquetero to eat. It was really yummy, and followed by a time of helping the first graders walk across the rocks during the break. I think walking and jumping across the big rocks lined up in the front of the school is one of their favorite pass times. When I had the combined gym class of the smallest guys, things started off really well and continued for most of the class. They did a good job lining up and going to their places around the parachute, but by the end of it, it was chaos. They all started trying to run under it at the same time and we ended up having to stop a bit early because they couldn't handle anymore. I think I might go back to using the smaller parachute, even though the bigger one can be a lot more fun, it may be too much for them. On the way down to the cancha with the big girls I managed to trip over the chain to stop cars from driving up to the school. Now when I say I tripped I don't mean I stumbled, I totally sprawled out face first on the rocks. It didn't hurt too bad, but the frisbees I was holding flew and were all over the place, it was rather embarrassing at first but a humbling experience. My gym class didn't get much better after the fall...I was struggling to get the girls to work hard, they were participating, but half-heartedly and I want them to be having fun. They are so talented and I know once they get in to an activity all of them will do well and have a good time, but sometimes it is very challenging to reach that point. I was feeling frustrated and at a loss of what to do, one the way back up to the school I was having trouble holding back tears. However, in that moment I was overwhelmed by the compassion Jeny had for me. She must have been able to tell I was overwhelmed, because she came up beside me and put her arm around me. God knew that was exactly what I needed, then a bunch of the girls apologized to me before heading to lunch. Wow, that was powerful! As I continued walking from the house to the school Caila gave me a huge hug, Genesis ran up to me, and I saw a beautiful blue butterfly. According to the Rainforest
The metallic Blue Morpho butterfly I saw!
Alliance website the Blue Morpho butterfly is know for their vivid, iridescent blue coloring. It is a result of light reflecting off the microscopic scales on the backs of their wings. The underside of the morpho’s wings is a dull brown color with eyespots to provide camouflage against predators when its wings are closed. When this butterfly flies, the contrasting bright blue and dull brown colors flash, making it look like the morpho is appearing and disappearing. It was such a reminder of God's brilliant beauty both when it is brilliantly beautiful and when it seems to be camouflage. Revelations 5:13, "And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, 'To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!'" I was reminded of God's great beauty in small creatures when I saw this Blue Morpho butterfly this afternoon. I took my time heading up to lunch to regroup for the rest of the day, then I got to enjoy a couple of different fried rices prepared by Rebekah. My English class went very well and the learning was made complete with laughs. Their laughs are priceless, I love the feeling of belonging that has been created in our class! Library rushed by and after school program consisted mostly of making bracelets with a few of the girls. It was fun to see how much it interests them and how good at it they are, when I was their age it was one of my favorite summer activities. My older cousins would teach me cool new patterns and we would make them together for hours. After everything was wrapped up at the school, Jocelyn and I walked home in the rain. It must have been raining pretty hard, because by the time I made it home the front and back of my pants were almost completely drenched and water had seeped through my raincoat. My jacket definitely wasn't made for rainforest rains! I had a little less than two hours to rest before taking the girls to the Coliseo for dance. I picked up Patti Sue's girls a bit before 6:30, then met up with Joel, Jessica, and the other girls there. It was fun to see them all dancing and having a good time. Once we got all the girls home, I went to the market and bakery before heading home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment