“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Flood our thirsty hearts

Double Dutch jump rope at snack break!
I woke up for a pretty sunrise and watched it rise from my kitchen table. I am thankful I've started getting up early again these past couple of weeks. I had a nice prayer walk to school and realized how I have taken some of that time for granted. The minutes and hours can just slip away, so I need to make sure I am using every opportunity to thank God for all He is doing. This morning I finished laminating a whole bunch of stuff and boy does that feel good. My first grade gym class started off rough because nobody was listening. The I decided to have them sit down, calm down, and refocus so we could have fun in class. It worked well! During snack break we had some double dutch jump rope happening and it was a hit. I got to swing the jump ropes, but maybe another day I will try jumping in. I prepped the oldest girls  for what we are doing later in the week and they were great in class. Lunch is really quiet now since the other teachers have started a homework time, it is kind of lonely, but great for the kids to receive extra help. English went well, but when library and after school enrichment rolled around I was tired. The rainy walk home was exactly what I needed to perk me up. I forgot my raincoat at my house, so I got to embrace the rain. I started off walking pretty fast, then decided to soak it in, figuratively and literally. I paused for a minute to just stand in the rain a while, the rain here really is beautiful. After I slowed down to enjoy my walk I was able to appreciate the little things around me and the very moment I was living. Sometimes what comes naturally to me is living for the "next thing" whether that be something more immediate like getting in to a dry and warm house, and running errands, or finding a job and making future plans. I don't want to miss the very moment I have been given and pray God teaches me how to live each second to the fullest, because each one truly is a gift. After eating supper and relaxing I made chocolate covered almond flavored coconut balls. They turned out great! I had eaten quite a bit of sweet things at that point and was craving salty, so I popped some popcorn. I chatted with my new temporary neighbor for a while and them I was going to get a good night's sleep. I spent some time listening to worship music and You'll Come by Hillsong United is awesome. The lyrics are: "I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon you Lord. My rock and redeemer, shield, and reward, I'll wait upon you Lord. As surely as the sun will rise You'll come to us, as certain as the dawn appears You'll come let your glory fall as You respond to us. Spirit Rain, flood into our thirsty hearts again, You'll come." Waiting on the Lord is a decision that we get to make and though we are asked to wait upon the Lord we have been given free will. As surely as the sun rising and dawn appearing God will pour out His blessings at it is my prayer that we may recognized them all. God will come to flood our thirsty hearts, we need only to seek Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment