“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ask, Seek, Knock

Barcelona takes on MacarĂ¡, I've always wanted to go to a
professional soccer game!
I had a small breakfast before heading to the bus stop and going to Ambato. It is about two hours away, but it went really fast since I slept pretty much the whole way on the bus. There is something about riding the bus that puts me right to sleep. We got off the bus near the stadium and it was hopping! There were people all over, jerseys for sale, lines at the ticket counters, and a group of people marching with a banner. It was pretty exciting! We got there around 11 which meant there was some time before the game started, so I had a KFC chicken sandwich and Nice cream ice cream at the mall for lunch. After eating it was time to head towards the stadium, but we walked a ways so it was a nice tour around Ambato. It is definitely a bigger city. The professional soccer game I got to go to was Barcelona verses MacarĂ¡. I jumped on the bandwagon and was cheering for Barcelona. They have become the most popular club in the country and are the most successful soccer team in Ecuador. The Barcelona Sporting Club play at the highest level of soccer (football), which is the Ecuadorian Serie A. The game ended up being tied 0-0 at the end, but it was an intense game. There were several close calls and one of them was right at the end when Barcelona almost scored on themselves, but I glad they didn't. The "superfan" cheering sections, horns, and music from all the fans are noises I won't forget.
I was really excited for my first
professional soccer game!
They take so much pride in their soccer teams and support them well. I took another long nap on the bus ride home and was ready for the evening. When I got home I made myself supper, then headed up to prayer. We spent a lot of time talking about work, prayer requests, and had a great time of prayer. It is awesome to see how God has brought this specific group of people together at this very time to serve Him. I have been blessed, encouraged, and thankful to work with them thus far and can't wait to see what the Lord does in the time remaining. The time is going so fast and today I was reminded to embrace every second, because they are going to disappear. Matthew 7:7-12, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." God knows each and every cry in my heart, in fact, He knows them better than even I do! God knows us, we are His beautiful creation and prized possession. He wants us to run to Him in prayer and will be there to open the door, not always in the ways we expect, but in ways far greater than we could have imagined. He is the giver of perfect gifts and continues to reveal them in new ways. I thank God for His faithfulness in each day!





No comments:

Post a Comment