“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, May 4, 2013

Called according to His purpose

The government building across
the park from where we ate!
Yesterday I had the morning to do some chores such as filling my drinking water, doing the dishes, successfully getting money from the ATM, and shopping at the market for fruit. I stopped at Birgit's house to visit for a little bit, then ran into Dawn and Sharon on my way to get money. I've mentioned it before, but I really love running in to friends around town! After making myself lunch and gathering a few things to bring with I was off to the bus station to meet up with Rick and Rebekah to go to Baños. We arrived around 2pm and although I was a bit motion sick it was a quick recovery. I got a massage at a nice place on the corner of the street, you know it's good when it is recommended by trip advisor! It was great for my neck since I haven't been able to go to the chiropractor here, the massage helped my stiff neck a lot. After Rebekah and I were both done getting our massages we met up with Rick and went to find a hostel. We ended up staying at La Casa del Molino Blanco (Bed and Breakfast) and the owners were incredibly kind, it was newly refinished, clean, and in a nice location. While Rick and Rebekah rested I found a cute little room with a fireplace and a view of the city. The hostel was up on a hill which made for a nice view. I love exploring new places, experiencing different cultures, watching people interact, smelling new scents, and seeing varying landscapes, it's just incredible! I was reminded of how much I like this while I was embracing this new place. I spent a while playing cards and as I was setting up a game of solitaire I decided I've become
A view of Baños part of the way up the mountian.
preoccupied with being on my computer and I need to spend less time on it. Since I didn't have my laptop with me in Baños I was able to realize how dependent I had become. After playing some cards, I opened a window and stood at it enjoying the rain, listening, watching, and wondering how the Lord is going to use me and bless me in THIS place right now. God is faithful at all times, in all places, with all people! There was a group of people starting a movie and when I heard them speaking English, I introduced myself and got to chat with them for a while. Rick, Rebekah, and I went out to supper at a delicious restaurant kitty corner from the park. When we finished we walked around the park so I could take a closer look at the government building that was lite up with green lights. When we got back I rejoined my new friends and watched a movie before heading to bed. I woke up to a bright sun shine morning and enjoyed a good breakfast provided at the hostel. There was a homemade juice that was incredible it was made with naranjilla and oatmeal cooked then all blended together. Baños is now a big tourist center and we were able to hear about the adventures others have been on or are going on at breakfast, when we were all done started our hiking adventures. The first stop was to the statue of the Virgin Mary that looks over Baños, then we cut over to the Runtun Resort, and finally headed up to "La Casa del Arbol". Tungurahua, the volcano in Baños, was very active and I could hear it rumbling, tumbling, and puffing off smoke
Me swinging over the valley at La Casa del Arbol! The
volcano is hidden behind the clouds on my left.
all day. At times it was so loud it sounded like a storm was rolling in, but it was just the volcano. There was a lot of ash in the air, so I hiked with my shirt tied around my face to keep from breathing it in. It was a long hike up the mountain, it took us about four hours, but considering how far we traveled I think we made pretty good time! One thing I got a little frustrated with along the way were the signs, because the distances were very off. It wasn't a big deal, but as I am hiking along if there are going to be landmarks for me I really like them to be accurate so I can mentally prepare for what is ahead of me. I guess it was a growing opportunity! The swing at "La Casa del Arbol" (the tree House) allows you to swing over the valley. The landscape is beautiful and if it was clear there would have been a nice view of the Tungurahua volcano. It clouded up along my way up, however, I did have a nice clear view of it at one point on the hike. At 2:30 each day there is a bus that heads down the mountain for that point, so we rode the bus down and hoped on another one to go home. On the walk to my house from the Shell bus station I came across singer and dancers at the Coliseo. I believe it is some type of election campaign for next year, but everybody there seemed to be enjoying the afternoon. Birgit had me over for supper tonight and she made a good stir fry. We chatted ate the cookies and fruit salad, then it was time for me to call it a night. It was a busy and beautiful couple of days! Before calling it a night I read and Romans 8:28 was reflective of my day, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose." I love the opportunity to trust God that new experiences allow, surrendering to His will is the perfect place to be and I thank Him for constantly being in control.

1 comment:

  1. Bueno erica, gracias for your diligent sharing, in excellent journalizing) ariba... congratulations, would like you to hear of Calvary Chapel Fargo 2796 5th ave south here where I attend and you if your ever near, stop by Wed evenings and Sun morning/ 218-790-2356
    have developed fracture of right foot and will have surgery Thurs 11:30 AM Lord guides, though rightious, I lived sinning... this is not my punishment but rather Lifes blessing. shalom

    ReplyDelete