“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Love like Jesus

The fourth grade girls looking at the
"Dia Universal del Trabajo" board.
There was a beautiful sunrise out the front window and birds chirping their song. I really enjoy the extended quiet time I have in the morning since I'm getting up earlier! Martin was not wanting to walk up to school, so as soon as I got there that challenge was before me. It was a tough way to start the work day, but after he was talked to he fixed his behavior. When I was a little girl today was spent dropping "May Day" baskets off on my neighbor's door step, ringing the doorbell, and running away hoping they didn't catch me! They are such great memories, but I learned that this isn't celebrated everywhere...I think it is mostly a thing in the Midwest. Anyway, I'm glad I got to run around an give/receive candy baskets! In Ecuador and other countries around the world today is "Dia Universal del Trabajo" which is equivalent to our Labor Day in the States. Library with the second and third graders went well, they are beginning to understand how I have set up this time and was is expected of them! I did some work on the new and improved birthday board, since the first one faded so bad it was time to upgrade with paper that won't fade. My first class of the day was 2nd and 3rd grade gym. It was my first day as the only P.E. teacher and I started it off right by being really structured. It went better than I could have hoped for, definitely an answer to prayers! I was able to teach them a couple of rules with my broken Spanish, although it wasn't perfectly communicated they showed me they understood. Gym with the 4th and 5th graders didn't go quite as
Boris and I!
planned since the older girls were at the cancha. Right when we got down there I made them all sit down, so we could talk about compromise, what is coming next week, and my expectations of them. It was another quiet day at lunch before a great English class. I am implementing more and more movements in to my class and see it positively affecting their attitudes and learning! I love an interactive classroom and am developing my teaching style more every day! We were running a little late for Bible Club, because the truck was late. While we were waiting the older boys were making lassos out of vines which was really entertaining. They got the idea it would be fun to try and catch a moving object, that's me. I was really impressed by how well they made the lasso and their throwing technique, they caught me a couple of times! The kids did very well with being flexible and were very respectful walking in to Club quietly. As I was sitting there listening to the message my heart simply broke for these kids. It is hard to explain how much care for these kids, because I don't think any words would do it justice. As
Here's Wilson roping some "cattle"!
I was sitting there praying all I could do was ask God to reveal Himself to them, because letting Him into our hearts changes everything. His love turned my world upside down, in an incredible way, when I let Him have control of my life. I know someday the whole world will know His great majesty in a way deeply rooted in their thoughts, words, deeds, and actions. If we all loved like Jesus and sought the well being of others half as much as we did our own this world could be even more beautiful. God has asked us to step outside of our own selfish desires to serve Him and that is what I seek for myself and desire for all. I want my life to reflect more of who God the Father is and it is my prayer they all have a relationship with God by trusting in Jesus' death and resurrection! I got out of Bible Club later than I was anticipating and didn't think I would be able to get my groceries in Puyo, but I God is faithful and I was still able to go. I walked past the Martin's and Jenny when they were heading out of town to SuperTia's, I thought they would have been long gone, however, I was able to join them! We stopped at Krusty's on the way back and I got papicarne which is a bunch of french fries with ketchup, mayo, and hamburger meat on them. It probably doesn't sound very good, but it was real good! I had a relaxing rest of the night complete with my evening run to the market for fruit and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment