“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, May 9, 2013

So do not fear, for I am with you

Caila's work of art!
I slept in until almost seven, I know there won't be any time for it this weekend and wanted to try getting some extra sleep. Although it was only an hour more there is something about waking up before my alarm clock that makes me feel more rested. I made breakfast and read read for part of the morning since I had it off of work. Shown below are the King James Version followed by the New International Version of Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." The Lord is my strength, help, and comfort at all times. In the midst of uncertain things He gently guides me with His righteous hands. Priscilla and her family are moving in here very soon and she came by to paint the kitchen this morning. The reality of moving is coming very soon and although I really like where I'm living right now, I know the move will be good. It is another opportunity for me to learn small lessons about embracing what is before me and seeing what God has in store. I ventured off to school and got there a little early, so I was able to gather my supplies for the new frisbee unit. My gym classes went well, but the frisbee lesson with the oldest girls went especially good! Before I knew it was time of lunch, and I was kind of testing an article that I read about apples from the day before. I read an article about how to properly eat apples and it sounds silly, but I found it very helpful. Now all I need to do is pluck the stem, cut it in half, pick out the seeds, pluck off the bottom little greens, and I eat almost the whole apple! The article didn't have a whole bunch of new information or a big ah ha moment, but since being in Ecuador I have learned a lot about my food habits and how I don't like wasting it. English went okay, the girls have been a bit tired the past two days, so I've been needing to work extra hard to get them excited about what we are learning. For after school enrichment I spent most of the time reading/playing games in the LeapFrog book with Caila. Also, I got the first mother's day drawing of my life from Caila and it was precious. It said, "En tu dia Mamita" (On your day Mommy), mamita is an endearing way of mom and her card was so sweet. My job here allows me to be so much more than a teacher and I couldn't be more thankful, since these kids don't have parents here in many ways I am like a mother to them. I am honored to call all of them my kiddos! If I didn't think the end of my work day could get any better it did when I went down to the house. They were all hanging out inside, because it was raining and Martin came up to me as I was walking out the door and had his arms stretched out. At first I thought he needed to go to the bathroom or wanted to be taken somewhere, but all he said was hug and gave me a big hug...melt my heart! On the rainy way home I stopped by Johnny's to make a reservation for the group tomorrow, then got some food to make supper. It was a quiet evening after supper, but I went to get groceries for tomorrow and food for my breakfast and lunch came to a grand total of one dollar!

No comments:

Post a Comment