“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Thursday, May 16, 2013

Set an example for the believers

I went out in to the living room to join the Martin's for another quiet time today, this community time of reading our Bibles is great. When I finished reading and journaling I had breakfast with Johnathan, then when he went to school I took my cup of coffee out on the the deck. I made so many unique observations. I was watching someone wash clothes on their roof, a group of kids walking down the street in their school uniforms, the next door neighbor playing with fire, hearing the roosters, and feeling the rain blow in on to the deck. It was great! Tandy and I spent the morning working, but it was nice to have somebody to chat with while we were being productive. I really enjoy her company and good conversation, she's such a great friend. I made myself a sandwich and briskly walked/jogged to school since I was being a bit poky getting out the door, I guess I was enjoying my morning off a little too much. I made it just in time for 2nd and 3rd grade gym which went very well, they had a good game of soccer going. I was being silly and getting really in to the game, so they did too. Frisbee with the oldest girls went pretty well, but one girl is feeling left out. Oh how I can sympathize with her, I knew that feeling all too well when I was her age. Lunch break disappeared, then it was already time for English class. It went good. After school library I hopped in the
I'm on the zipline at Ecoparque!

truck and went with the the Freeman's and the team to Ecoparque. We enjoyed swimming around and playing games in the water before supper. Then there was a delicious meal served at six o'clock, I got chicken with a mustard sauce and it was delicious! Way better than the previous time I was there, it wasn't gross before, but this meal far exceeded my last one. Since we were so close to Mickos we made a quick stop for an ice cream treat, I got to enjoy a cono doble con creama cafe y vanilla/frutilla (double scoop cone with coffee cream and vanilla/strawberry swirl). Then it was time for the group debrief which went well. I enjoy hearing about how people experience God, as well as their highs and lows of the week. The Lord works it spectacular ways in His timing and it is beautiful where, when, and how He meets each of us is different and exactly as it was intended to be. Jeff shared scripture from 1 Timothy 4:10-12, "That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things. Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." These verses struck a chord as they were being read. God is good, He works in people of varying ages and walks of life so that all may be reached. The Lord is not constrained to time like we are, so when He looks at us does not see how old we are or what we have accomplished, but rather our hearts. I know I continued to be inspired by the faith of little kids, it is my prayer that everybody would see the trust they have, I long for more of it in my life. God has called me to set an example from now until the last day that I have, my life is a living sacrifice for His will! It was late by the time we got out of there, because we stayed to chat with the team a little before heading out. I got to have a nice conversation with the Freeman's on the way home, then chat with the Martin's for a few minutes before getting ready for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment