“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, June 16, 2013

Walk humbly with your God

Some of the Casa de Fe kids after church!
This morning I was in charge of helping get all of the kids to church. Before heading out the door I called to have them meet us and when they arrived they were all there, plus an extra kid. We got a new boy the other day, well he's actually not so new since he has been at Casa de Fe before, but I just got to meet him. We all made it to church and joined everybody else from Casa at the front of the church to the right, we sit in the same spot every week! I got to sit next to Caila, Evelyn, and Diana. Caila accidentally
The Freeman's and I!
spilt my coffee, but it didn't spill on anybody and it is easier to clean up on a tile floor. It was really hot in church until they turned on the fans, but once they did it was just fine. I hung outside the church until the Bible classes were done, so I got to hang out with Jeff and Stephanie. When they were all loaded up to go back to Casa de Fe I headed back home to the Martin's. It was my first time ever really being upstairs when it was nice and sunny outside, I could definitely feel it, because I felt like I was sitting in a sauna when I was Skyping my family to wish my dad a Happy Fathers Day! I got to go to lunch at Vista Hermosa with the Freeman's, the Hayes family, and the team that is here. It is a yummy restaurant and a great group of people to eat with! After we were all done eating I headed home and hung out around the house for a while before heading up to Casa de Fe. I went up to spend time with the kids and hold the babies, then I hopped in the truck for ultimate frisbee. It
Ronal just being cute!
was an awesome day at the sporting complex, because we had our big crew back at the field! Seriously, there were a ton of Ecuadorians and other missionaries, we had a big game of great game going! After a couple hours of intense playing we loaded up the truck and I rode back all the way to Casa with the kids and got to say goodnight to everybody. It was fun seeing them all settle down before supper and heading to bed. I helped Jeff drop off water jugs at Patti Sue's and ended up staying for a while to visit. She made a delicious pineapple upside down cake, and Heidi made a chicken broth based soup with curry, paprika, cinnamon, sweet potato, chickpeas, spinach, and a bunch of other veggies. Of course the soup was better with a little bit of popcorn! I was so glad to visit, but had to leave all too soon to go over to prayer, but I love prayer nights so it was a great place to go. Prayer was at the Freeman's tonight, so I had to walk briskly over there since I was enjoying my time with Patti Sue, Heidi, and the girls and lost
Ultimate frisbee!
track of time! Micah 6:8, "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." I was pretty emotional at prayer. I was grateful beyond words for the prayer and encouragement that I received and thank the Lord for the support from everybody here. As I sat there I was thinking about how much I miss the kids already. I have been blessed to see and spend time with them every day, but I know in a couple days that will not be my reality. God is faithful in all situations and I know He is working in beautiful ways. The stars were beautiful on the walk home, it is always a treat to see the stars here at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment