“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 3, 2013

A crown that will last forever

The breathtaking sunrise and reflection in the street puddles!
I woke up and saw the sun rising out my window, so I ran out the door and walked around town. Along the way I saw a tia and a teacher, it was a wonderful way to start the day. It was back to buisness as usual at the school today, starting with chapel. To go along with the Bible verse and lesson for this week, Rick and I were in the background doing exercises with Rebekah, I felt like I was starring in a workout video. Following the exercises Rick and I had a competition to demonstrate self-control and the kids were so interested. 1 Corinthians 9:24-26, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air." The prize that I am have gained by my trust in Jesus Christ is eternal, it is never ceaseing and not in vain, because He has already won the firght for my heart. I thank God for the great work He has done, is doing, and will continue to do in my life as I draw nearer to Him daily. Gym class with pre-k went very well. When we were walking back I was pretending to chase and capture them, they loved it. All of these 3 and 4 year olds would scurry away, but come running back to me because they really wanted me to catch them. I love kids! In between gym classes this morning I used my planning time to look at the "big picture" which is not so big anymore. I did my last block of two week general planning and could hardly believe it, I am so grateful for all of the learning experiences I have had as an individual both in and out of the classroom. One of the girls in my English class was having a rough start to class and I asked her to take a moment to regroup. Once I got the other girls started on an activity. I stepped outside to talk to the student and found out what was wrong. It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I was blown away to walk back in the classroom and see that one of my girls leading our daily alphabet drills. It was a very, very proud teacher! While I had been in the hallway I overheard her say "let's start with the sOOUUUnds of the letters" just like I say it, but I didn't know she had taken the initiative to grab the flashcards and being the drills. She has shown so much growth and leadership, it has been such a blessing for me to see her blossom! After school I address the issue of why the student was upset, lead library time, then went to
My wonderful Casa de Fe despendida (goodbye party)!
the house with the toddlers. I like getting to see them and it great, but with so many toddlers there is always somebody crying. It is totally fine for an hour here and there, but the Tias are constantly solving these problem, I admire them for thier incredible love and pacience. On my walk home I stopped and chatted with the Joy's for a while, I love talking with them and just learning more about thier journey and what the Lord is doing in thier lives. When I arrived home, I got ready for the evening and was off to Patti Sue's for my despendida (goodbye party)! It was great having it early, because I wasn't too emotional and was able to get together with a bunch of people I care a lot about here. We had a big pot-luck pasta party and good conversation. I have a lot of great memories in Shell with this group! I went to the pastelleria afterwards, then ran in the Jiame and his family on my way home. We live really close so it was nice chatting with him, I really enjoy getting to know the other workers at Casa de Fe! They have incredibly caring hearts.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment