“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Quiet you by his love

Martin and I with the kid's new pet bird!
Right when I woke up I went on a walk, I'm trying to take in the town of Shell as much as I can! On my way back towards the house I stopped by Birgit's to say hello and we chatted for a few minutes. It is great knowing many different families around town. I cooked up some breakfast when I got home and ate before heading up to Casa de Fe for a couple of hours. I got there around 10 and just got to hang out with the kids, there were a lot of different things to do. Abigail and Maria were praying with the pet bird, the toddlers were on the playground, and the kids in between those groups were running around on the bike trail. The kids really like the birdy, they take good care of it and are trying to train it. I think whatever they are doing is working! After a while I went to the backyard playground so I could hang out with the little guys, then I went back up to the front when it started raining. Since it was raining they took the kids inside to watch a movie and I sat down to join them for  a while. Sheila and Nayeli sat on my lap and just wanted to be held while watching. When I was heading out the door I got to talk with a couple of the Tias, I love chatting with them, even though the moments are brief it is great! I got home just in time for a quick lunch before walking over to meet a group of people going to the market and Super Tias in Puyo. It was a rainy adventure, but I got some food. While we were waiting for the market to open we went to get chicken empanadas and it wasn't awful, but it was the first empanada that I wouldn't choose to eat again. After completing the shopping adventure I had a snack attack. I had new food, so I had to start eating! I went over to Tandy's to pick something up and ended up chatting for quite a while, I just love talking with her and could chat for hours. It just kept raining off and on all day, but around 6 the sky was eeire. The sky looked light, but it was dark at the same time and total overcast. Once I finished eating supper, Jocelyn and I braved the rain to meet up with the other volunteers to go up to Casa de Fe for a pijamada (sleepover). It wasn't a real sleepover, but we went up there with popcorn, cookies, and movies and hung out until it was time for them to go to bed! They were all set in their various princess pajamas and were so excited. We watched "Meet the Robinsons" and I had a girl on each side leaning up against me as a pillow. They just want and need so much attention, I wish I could fill the void that they feel. In the midst of watching the movie I saw one of the girls fall on the ground. It is not unusual for her to be running, wild, and rolling around, but I could immediately tell something was wrong. A sprang up from my seat as soon as I saw she was seizing and call for a Tia to help. It was a brief seizure and the Tias knew exactly what to do and how to help, but it was scary. After the movie when we were sending the kids to their rooms, the head Tia had questions about a different little girl. She was also having a seizure, it was one of our little girls that was in the hospital earlier this week and they ended up taking her back in tonight. Hearing her fuss as she was having her seizure breaks my heart, you just never know what they are going to need medical help or when extreme circumstances will be present. I gained a new perspective about what the night Tias do for the kids and have a new level of respect for the Tias who work in the baby room at that time. Can you imagine having 20 kids to get all ready for bed, change diapers, and try to keep calm so they don't wake the others
A group of the girls enjoying the movie!
who are sleeping? Not only are there many babies, but the kids with the most special needs. God blessed those women with patience and strength to take care of these children. Zephaniah 3:17, "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." It is my prayer for the Tias and kids that they become evermore away of God's presence in their lives. God is good and faithful to quiet and fill our hearts with His great love! After a fun, busy, and tiring day it was time to get ready for bed and boy was I exhausted. For a moment I thought I saw a frog in my shower, but thought surely that is not possible. However, after I scared it in to jumping I confirmed that it actually was a frog in my shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment