“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, June 10, 2013

Shield of Faith

Veronica and I had matching shirts, it was pretty cool!
During my morning walk around town I couldn't seem to wake up, but even though I was half sleeping it was refreshing. I don't know how to explain it, there is something special about early mornings for me. Also, I got to walk and chat with Slyvia for a little ways since we were walking in the same direction! It was incredible watching Anita, Caila, Alondra, and Javier helping lead a song during chapel this morning. These fourth graders sang "Digno Eres Tu", listening to all of the kids singing this song gave me goosebumps and wanted to cry because I was so overjoyed. Listening to them sing this beautiful worship song was moving and I thank God for His presence in their lives. I am such a small part of their lives, only here for a flash, but God is constant! This morning I tutored Ronald on colors, specifically red. We looked through a red crayon book that had a bunch of different red objects, he had to pick out the red flash card, then we played a game where he got to pick out the red oso (bear). Next up in tutoring was Maria, we worked on numbers 0-10. I liked tutoring them in Spanish so much! Pre-k did a good job in gym class, they started off great with straight lines for the warm-up activity and although they got wild for a bit, they came back and focused at the end. Their laughs are priceless! First grade did an awesome job jumping rope and even waited nicely in a line when we got to the individual jumping portion of class. The 4th and 5th graders worked hard at frisbee too! We had a big lunch group with all of the new summer volunteers, now we have a lunch crew! English class has continued to go well and I am giving the girls some leadership opportunities I know they will be successful at. It has been an amazing experience seeing them grow as individuals throughout the year. After class was library and school store with the little guys. During store Veronica was trying to barter with me and although it didn't work it was very cute. We were wearing the same shirt too! I hung out with the kiddos for quite a while when I was done working for the day. There was one little girl who was crying and reaching for me, when I picked her up she stopped, but she wouldn't let me put her down without crying either. Then I went up on the bike trail where the bigger kids were playing and some of the
Nayeli, Tati, Yaja, and Vivi in the house they made!
girls made a little house. It was so cute watching them play in it, it was a little bit to small for them, but they made it work! Molly and I walked to Patti Sue's house (that's where she is living) after work, stopped by my place, then walked around town and showed her some places to buy things. She is great to talk to, God is good! When we were done running errands we met Jocelyn and Mike at Johnny's for supper and went to Alexander's for dessert. It was a great day! Ephesians 6:14-19, "Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel." I want my whole life to boldly proclaim the power and mystery of the good news found in Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment