“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, June 4, 2013

If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?

A short walk around town in the cool, cloudy morning air was refreshing. I really enjoy my time around town at the start of the day; the sounds, sights, and smells. Many students are off to school and professionals are on their way to work at this time and it makes for an exciting time. When I got to school Brain Gym and exercises were just getting started. My Primero gym class was very good, they were all participating and excited about the jump rope activities. The Inicial and the oldest girls were great too. I was joking around with the big girls and since I tripped over the chain one day in class, they don't believe that I used to high jump in college. When I went down to the house I talked to Patti Sue and was filled in about the two kids in the hospital. They are both stable right now and doing fine, but please be praying for them. English tough again, because the same girl who had a shutdown yesterday had one again today. I was at a loss of what to do and could hardly get her to speak a word, but eventually got her to talk about it again. After school during library time it was pretty busy, but Anita read me a story called "Cajas" (boxes). It was a cute story about all of the
The beetle escaped from the shoe box!
different uses for a box when you use your imagination, the simple but wonderful entertainment for children is wonderful. One of the many excitements of after school enrichment was the beetle getting out of the shoe box, it was huge! Rebekah was reading a fairytale to a few girls and I sat in and listened for a little bit, then stopped by to greet the Tias on my way home. I ate a quick supper at home before going to meet up with the Freeman's, I went with them to the Nate Saint Memorial School end of the year program. It opened with some great worship music, a choir piece, school awards, and closed with the school song, prayer, and talking with some of the missionaries will enjoying cupcakes! I am very glad I went, it was a bit different than I was expecting, but I really didn't know what I was expecting either. There are so many wonderful people here, God has blessed me countless times by the missionaries in Shell. Listening to the teachers, kids, and parents talk definitely made me emotional...I can related to the changes, parting ways, and new beginnings that are right around the corner for them and myself. I recall some of those emotions from when I was their age and can still related to the daunting feeling of the unknown, but I thank the Lord for His perfect plan. Change can be a bit scary, however, it is a beautiful thing! Every day things change, we live, learn, and experience new things that will forever shape our lives. Each moment in time has a special way of creating in me a new depth and
Alondra looking the picture as Rebekah read to her.
understanding of how God is working everything together all around me. Our God by Chris Tomlin was one of the songs the kids sang for their performance and it was great. Some of the lyrics are; "Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God, You are higher than any other. Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God, our God. Into the darkness, You shine, out of the ashes, we rise, there's no one like You, none like You. Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God, You are higher than any other. Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God, our God. And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us, and if our God is with us, then what could stand against!" Yep, this definitely made me  tear up, because I was reminded of where the Lord has brought me in the past few years. There have been many changes in my life; some were painful, countless were beautiful, a portion were hard, a few were easy, numerous were joyous, many were challenging, several were stretching, an abundance were peaceful, a number were sorrowful, and every single one happened to draw me closer to my perfect Creator! Philippians 1:3-11, "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment