“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I am with you

I took a short walk around town this morning to get outside and enjoy the morning, but it was rainy and I was tired so I made it quick. The journey to school was peaceful and morning exercises were good as usual, so it was a great start to my day! I was back and forth to the house a lot, running errands and figuring out if it was possible for me to go on an MAF flight into the jungle. The time kept changing, but it seemed to be a go ahead! Library with the second and third graders was pretty chaotic, because they are always wanting to check out books in English, but were only supposed to get ones in Spanish today. Our library has a 3:1 ratio of books in English, so to them it seems that ll of the good ones are in English. After snack break the gym classes began and Primero, and the 2nd and 3rd graders were good. The second and third graders did a great job with the new activity and I look forward to building on it each day! I left the 4th and 5th grade class early to go on the flight, but it ended up being cancelled due to weather right after Molly and I had picked up our stuff. As soon as we were ready to go it started raining, then I got the call saying it was post pond. I thank God for His perfect plan, He is good! The Lord's plans are not always what I find convenient. Wow, this a beautiful realization today and I'm grateful that everything in heaven and on earth has a perfect time and place designed by Him. I got back in time for a quick lunch before my English class and it was a great day with my girls. They were singing "The Ants go Marching" in Spanish when I walked in to class, so I thought it would be fun to teach it to them in English. They loved it, we sang and did some motions to this classic tune! During the day I started looking at the new books and brainstorming ideas for the library. We have lots of new books to shelve and display and I am excited to get them all set up, looks like I can use my morning off tomorrow to get them all set up! This afternoon was my last Bible Club, I was on bathroom and door duty, although it is not my favorite job it is an important one. It is always great singing the kiddy songs, worshiping, and listening to the kids worship! I have been incredibly blessed by the messages at Bible Club, the workers, and this time outside of school with the kids. When we had our free time at the end, Maria had fun looking at how tall I am, jumping so she could be my height, then trying to jump as tall as me. Right before heading in we saw a snail in the lawn. It was climbing up the side of the cement slab and was very interesting! I had never seen such a big snail up close like that, at first I didn't find it interesting at all, but when I saw how fascinated the kids were I gained interest. When I took the time to look at it, see how it's antennas moved, and watched it's slimy body crawl it was pretty incredible! Right after Bible Club it was time for my last day tutoring Marco. He has worked hard every day and has been a fast learner. I was encouraged by his hard work every week I got to work with him! When I was all done I ran in to Mike and Jesse near Alexander's while I was waiting for Molly, I love running in to
The pretty sunset on the way to eat fried chicken!
friends around Shell! Molly, Mike, and I ended up getting fried chicken supper and boy was it good. It was the place that is a little hole in the wall, but it is so good and we asked for our french fries to be more "tostado" (toasted) which made the whole meal that much better. When we were all done with supper Molly and I had ice cream and walked around town with a friend from church. It like being able to speak Spanish so much and every chance I get to speak it is a learning opportunity, I seriously learn something new every time! I am able to understand SO much more, God was so faithful to hear my prayer! Jeremiah 1:4-9, "Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.' Then I said, 'Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.' But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord.' Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me,'Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.'" The Lord has given me breathe in my lungs and with every breathe wherever I may be I want to speak His truth. Let His praise be ever on my lips and His hope in my heart! 1 Peter 2:1-5, "So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." Today I have learned I need to work on some of my communication skills between people, just because it makes sense in my head doesn't mean it is clear to all parties. I need to confirm that things are clear and be very detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment