“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, June 9, 2013

Children of the day

Molly, Jocely, Mike, Heidi, and I at the waterfall in Rio Verde!
Church as usual was a great way to start off my day! There were some blue skies for the first time in a while, this was such a blessing. I thought I was running later that usual, but church had not started yet, I think they wait for the fourteen kids that join us from Casa de Fe to get there and they must have been running late! We talked about 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6, " But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober." In the midst of not having much sleep, feeling very tired, but wanting to soak in every second God has provided light and strength. Christ's death and resurrection has brought me from darkness in to glorious light. I thank the Lord for allowing me to understand His great, living and active love for me! Caila sat right next to me again and enjoyed every second of it, maybe a little bit too much, because she was distracted. I went home afterwards, did dishes, laundry, and some organizing before lunch. Heidi, Molly, Jocelyn, Mike, and I went to lunch at Alexander's! I wish I would have started this Sunday tradition much earlier. We took our time having lunch, then we all met up with the team of volunteers at the bus stop. Since there were nine of us it was impossible to get on a bus, in fact, the bus stop was probably the busiest I have ever seen it. Since all the buses we full until 4pm, we crammed into two taxis and were off the Rio Verde. The taxi ride was really cozy and an adventure for sure, it was about an hour ride to Pailon de Diablo (the Devil's Cauldron). Once we arrived, we met up with the rest of the team and hiked
It was so powerful and I stood right next
to it and behind it!
down to the waterfall. I got to do some crawling and got pretty wet to get behind it, but it was incredible. Heidi said it was the most powerful she had ever seen it and it was powerful! The amount of force that was flowing through this waterfall was insane, I could see and feel it as I stood close right behind it. After crawling up behind it, I walked down a bunch of wet and slippery steps to stand at the base of the waterfall. When the water would splash up it would take my breath away, I think the closest way to describe the feeling I had would be the sensation of my stomach dropping on a roller coaster. It was so strong it would feel like I was going to be swept away when the waves would come splashing over the edge, my heart was beating so fast! Whenever there would be a big one I would screech  a little bit, it was pretty hilarious. My raincoat couldn't keep me dry, but it was so worth it, it did keep me a little bit warm though because the water was freezing! Next, we walked out on to the bridge to get a good look at the whole waterfall, although it looked a bit smaller from this distance you could see how incredible it was. God's creation is incredible and His power is seen everywhere! When we were all done the group of us that came in taxis went up to the bus terminal in hopes of hopping on a bus home, but they were all full. We kept waiting for about and hour and all were not able to get on a bus, but did get to ride in a taxi-like truck home. It was an adventure for sure, the wooden bench would sway back and forth. We made it back at supper time, which was great, because we wanted to have people over to eat. Molly and I stopped by a store to pick up some veggies, then went to start cooking. I was so blessed by our conversation and am thankful for her friendship! Jocelyn and I hosted Molly and Mike for supper. We hung out, chatted, sang, and laughed. It was great, when we wrapped things up I walked them home to ensure they wouldn't get lost and got a tasty ice cream treat along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment