“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, June 1, 2013

Glorify His name

He just finished eating and was content!
I went on a little walk around town for my morning exercise, I did a loop around the main streets and enjoyed the still of the morning. I love starting off the day by having time to enjoy the quiet and stillness. There is something really special about this time for me! When I got home I was brain storming how to take care of the power issue, we didn't have any in our house last night or this morning. Since I had done some investigating and saw that everybody else had power, including the people that live right above us, I figured somebody had flipped the switch on our electricity box. I heard the man who lives above us open the gate and chased after him to confirm they had power, even though I had seen they did earlier. He very graciously turned on our power by flipping the switch, I was looking for the switch earlier and found the box, but I wasn't sure where the switch was. Since
Found a 3 story toy story with
Barney hanging out outside!
someone had turned off the power at my old house, I knew what needed to be done I just didn't know how to do it, so I was very thankful to catch our neighbor first thing this morning. I think it is a bit odd to have the electrical boxes outside, because anyone walking by could turn off your power if they wanted, but I'm sure there is a good reason for it. As I was out and about I headed up to Casa de Fe and helped out. They put me to work right when I got there; I got to feed some babies, hang out with the older kids for a bit, then helped reassemble a tub before heading out. I have been thinking more and more about how I am spending my time, I need to cherish every moment of every day. As my days in Shell are drawing near this reality is real, but every single day here, at home, and anywhere else I may be need to be valued. Days, months, and years pass in the blink of an eye and I want to honor God by using every second He has given me to glorify His name. When I got home I made lunch, then Jocelyn and I went to Puyo to wander around. I don't know where everything is by any means, but I am starting to learn my way around Puyo too, I like going there on little adventures. I like the size of Shell a lot, but sometimes it is fun going into a bigger town. We found the coffee shop, got some ice cream, window shopped, went in the three story party
A little performance with
Miss Mexico near the bus stop!
store, and bought some groceries and clothes at Super Tias. They have so much stuff in that store, it reminds me of Target and Walmart since it has a little bit of everything from food to shoes! I nearly fell asleep on the bus ride home and may have dozed off for a while, but not too long. The bus was getting me ready for my nap when I got home. I woke up feeling refreshed and hungry, so I cooked supper and went to the bakery to pick up breakfast. I got to bed early tonight and boy oh boy was that nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment