“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Monday, January 28, 2013

Rainy Treasure


A stream I walk by on the way to school, it was really
high today and I got my feet a little wet.
 
Yay, for my first full day at the school! It was a wet and rainy walk to school, but it was beautiful. There is a bridge that takes you across a dam before you can walk up the hill to the school and today I noticed a little waterfall off to my left. Since it rained all through the night the water was high and helped me find this subtle treasure in God's beautiful creation. When I arrived at the school it was time for chapel and I got to be in a play about the fruits of the Spirit. We were singing which is always something I enjoy and some of the songs reminded me of camp making it even better. After chapel I spent a lot of the morning in orientation about the curriculum I will be teaching and other ways for me to help at the school. Once lunch time came around I sat with the the teachers to eat, they are so sweet. As I was listening to them talk and eating my sandwich they shared their rice and other stuff that I don't really know what it was (and probably wouldn't have eaten if I did). It was real good! After lunch is when I will be teaching English and I got to meet the class I will be able to teach every day. They seem to be starting to understand the English letters and it will be a sweet time to watch them grow a lot! When school was all done, I went down to visit the little kiddos which is great. These kids have such precious little hearts and like all of us desire to be loved so much, I pray that the Lord's light can shine through me while I am with them. It had snack time while I was there and one of the 'Tias' gave me a mango, I had never eaten a real mango and it was so good! It was getting late and I had a staff meeting to go to at 6:30, so I walked back to the house before going to it. While I was making supper I watched people pass by and there was one family using a bike as there transportation, there were three people on one bike. The man was peddling/steering, there was a woman holding a bag between his arms, and there was a kid standing on the spokes behind him. It was hard for me to grasp at first, but other than walking this is probably their only form of transportation. There are so many concepts for me to grasp, and although I am beginning to understand some things there is still a lot to learn. At the meeting they went over things to help Casa de Fe both long and short term! It was an eye opening experience to see how much coordinating and planning goes on behind the scenes. The meeting was pretty long and I was exhausted since I didn't sleep much last night, so it is time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment