“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Sunday, January 27, 2013

Holy, Holy are You Lord God Almighty

Cheralyn and I after church!
Like most mornings, I walked to the kitchen half-asleep to get breakfast. I enjoy mornings so much and like to get up early, but I don't function very well until I have had something to eat! I went to a cute church at 8am this morning with several missionaries and a group of the older kids from Casa de Fe. I love the feeling of community here, the people I get to be with are present to serve God as well as each other. While I was at church today I didn't understand much...hardly anything to be exact, but the Spanish version of “Holy Holy” by Micheal W. Smith was sung and I was SO excited! It is always a beautiful song, but it was comforting to hear the familiar beat of this song and make connections to what I know. It was raining heavily after church, so we hung out there for a while to let the rain ease up and once it did it was time to head back to the house for lunch and a nap. For lunch Cheralyn and I finished making the pasta salad that we had started last night and had rolls with chicken and yummy mozzarella cheese. After resting we went up to the orphanage to spend time with the children! When 4 o'clock rolled around Jeff picked up a bunch of the girls and I so we could go and play ultimate frisbee. Every Sunday afternoon a big group of people get together to play ultimate for a couple of hours and it was awesome. I was tired and sweaty by the time we wrapped up the game of frisbee, but it was totally worth it. On the way home there were a lot more people to pile in the back of the truck, surprisingly we all fit! The plan was to go find a restaurant in town to eat supper at, but there wasn't much time and it started to rain so I decided to stay in and find something at the house. For dessert I had some animal crackers and decided they taste a lot like fortune cookies here, I may have to test other brands to prove my theory, but they do! On Sunday evenings Dwight and Tandy have people over for prayer, so that is where I went. It was an incredible time of listening to worship music, then praying with and for each other, the Shell community, family, friends, the United States, and the whole world! The people that I have the privilege to be surrounded by have such great hearts. As we were praying I felt genuinely cared for, their prayers about supporting each other and treating one another like family meant a lot. I love my family beyond words, and Dwight saying that we are like a little family down here blessed me so much. I think the only similar thing to compare it to is the way my dad makes me feel safe, whenever he is with me (and even when he's far away) I know he would do anything  to protect me. My family is so close to my heart and no matter how far away we are I always have them to support me in what God calls me to do! Speaking of family, I got to Skype with my parents again tonight, but it didn't go quite as planned, because we had some trouble with the audio on my parents side, long story short I couldn't hear them. However, they could hear me so my mom and I had a very fun time using our non verbals to communicate. I had a nice time telling her all about my day and got to watch her attempt to use signs, read her lips, and explain questions that showed up on my little message box. I laughed so hard during our conversation that ended up being pretty long!

No comments:

Post a Comment