“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Surrounded by beautiful people!

Another day full of adventures in Shell has come to an end. This morning when I walked into the dining room I saw the sun shining through the window and it was so great! It was nice to walk up to the school in the dry weather. Today marked the first day of being an assistant gym teacher and I loved being with the “inicial” and “primero” physical education classes. We got to do some basic stretching, jumping over a rope, throwing balls, and going on a nature walk to name just a few of the things. Tomorrow I will start assisting a boy who has braces on his legs participate more fully in gym and other classes, he is very bright and I'm excited to watch him grow. Every day that I am here I learn something new, and today my Spanish lesson was from a five year old girl. There were two kids on a pile they weren't upposed to be on and she told me how to tell them to come down in Spanish. Later on I asked her again just to make sure I had it right and she was more than willing to help me! It is a humbling to learn so much from the kids, but I am very thankful! Every day at snack break the 'Tias' bring something up for the kids and always include the teachers, it was a yummy cream cheese and pineapple dessert today! English class was great and I am excited to teach them the days of the week and months in the year songs I know. It will fit in to the curriculum perfectly! After school I started my first official librarian tasks,it included helping the kids check out their books and put away the ones returned. It's sweet to see how subbing in the library back home has helped prepare me for my job here at Casa de Fe. The Lord does a divine job preparing
Craft time after school, Ana really liked
 what I made so gave it to her!
us for things we cannot even imagine! They already have a nice check list implemented, so it has been easy to pick that up and brainstorm what could make it even more efficient. Enrichment time for the students started after library and it was art, and we made paper snowflakes and flowers. I may have been more excited than the kids! I walked home from school pretty tired, but it is a relaxing time that allows me to reflect on the day. For supper Cheralyn and I went to a restaurant in town to eat “shwarma”...it is a lot like a gyro. I will have to go back again to decide if shwarma or gyros are better! When we were done with supper, we walked across the street for dessert on the way to a gathering for missionaries. Cheralyn and I went to the houses by the hospital and got to see a couple of girls we already knew and meet some new missionaries. The couple hosting the gathering was so sweet and all the women there were great, I especially enjoyed talking to Birgit! She is a kind lady from Germany who has been serving in Ecuador for many years, her trust in God and proof of His faithfulness was inspiring. Once again I was surrounded by incredibly kind people.


No comments:

Post a Comment