“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Saturday, May 31, 2014

Serving the Lord

Baños de Agua Santo
I woke up to the military chanting through the streets of Shell around 5am this morning and thought it was a dream. When I realized that it wasn't I couldn't believe how loud it was, it sounded like there were standing right outside my door. Thankfully they were just running through the streets and I was able to go back to sleep quickly. When I actually got up for the day it was to get ready for my trip to Baños. As is usual I slept most of the way there on the bus! Christy showed us the Arome café and chocolate when we arrived, we got there just in time since she was opening up the shop right as we walked up. I had an amazing pancake (that had some flavors much like a funnel cake) with chocolate gnosh, scrambled eggs, mora juice (it is all homemade here), and hot chocolate. It was a delightful breakfast, in fact, the best I have ever had here! The rest of the morning was spent walking around and shopping, we went all over town including the spice shop, market, and a variety of other shops.
This guy's jewelry is beautiful!
Also, we went up to the Santo Agua de Banos, the holy waterfall the city is named after. It was beautiful and refreshingly cool, not to mention the great conversation Bailey and I had about serving God here in Ecuador. For lunch we went to Café Hood, then made our way back around to a couple of shops and stopped at the Super Bodega for groceries. After getting all I needed, I talked to the friendly doorman for quite a while! It was great to have a conversation with him and share a bit about why I was here. There are countless moments to serve God through words and actions every single day! I pray that I may become ever more aware of the opportunities I am given! "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" -Joshua 24:15. Daily we make a choice to serve God or other things, I choose to seek Him!  My final purchase was a beautiful necklace from the market, for some reason I wanted to get it earlier, but didn't and the shop disappeared for a while. Sometimes the side street "shops" come and go, note to self buy it while you can! Each little detail on the necklace is hand crafted, it was incredible to watch him work, he even made me a little gift that said my name! Then it was time to pile on to the bus and head home to Shell. I got quite motion sick on the bus ride home, but just when
Ecuadorian sunset!
I thought I could take it no longer the man sitting in the window seat got off the bus. This couldn't have come at a better time, so I opened up the window all the way and stuck my head just slightly out the window. People driving by were probably wondering who the crazy lady half out the window was (they hardly ever open windows on the bus and if they do it is just barely), but it very helpful. I was especially great when it started raining, because that helped me cool off even faster! Upon returning home I took a cat nap. Jeff pick up for a chili supper and game night over at there house. It was the freeman's, Lydia, and the single lady missionaries hanging out and playing banana grams. It is games like these that make me wish I was a better speller. It was a lovely evening with friends! The comic relief for the evening was baking cookies and writing poetry at the Martin's with Bailey and Cheralyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment