“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you,
saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'” Isaiah 30:21


“Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11

“Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7


Friday, May 30, 2014

Father in Heaven

Working on the art show.
This morning I enjoyed the whole chapel experience complete with the exercises and singing worship songs. It has been cool to see how the school continues to make improvements with policy and structurally, I know it is a great benefit for the kids! I got to see a couple of maestros briefly and was able to talk with them, it was great to catch up and even translate for someone else. My Spanish is far from perfect, but I am learning more every day! Before really getting in to the art show preperations, I helped facilitate school pictures. I was in charge of going back and forth across the wood balance beam over the little river to call in one class at a time. It was fun and always entertaining to see the children's different personalities come out as their picture is being taken. Then, it was time to get down to business with the art show. I worked with Oliva and a bunch of kids on bulletin boards and making a big color wheel. I was very pleased to help, because drawing simple shapes and mixing paints is something I very much like to do. When lunch time rolled around I went out to eat with the Hayes, Cheralyn, and Bailey. It was the first time that I had eaten lunch somewhere other than Alexander's, I especially liked the yucca soup that had a lemony and cilantro taste to it. Then it was back to work in the office on sponsorship stuff. Hanging out with the kids at the end of the day before heading home is one of my favorite things to do and today was no different! I walked most of the way home, until Patty Sue was driving by and so kindly picked me up. I do enjoy my walking time to unwind and think about what God is doing here. How He is growing this place and providing positive changes is incredibly, it is great to be back and see some of the progress that has and continues to be made. Is also a perfect time to reflect on what God is teaching me and how continues to challenge and grow me. I was invited in to the Hayes for hot chocolate and encouraging conversation after work and I couldn't have been more thankful. I also got to see a sweet puppet collection from BaƱos, so I might have to get a couple when I go tomorrow. We snarfed some pizza before picking up the oldest girls for youth group and heading to Puyo. We arrived in Ecuadorian fashion by showing up at 7:45 for the event that began at 7 and we were some of the first ones there! It began with worship and prayer and I was blow away by Evelyn's growth and devotion to God, I was moved to tears. Last year
Hanging out at the school!
at one of the services she really learned who God was and chose to follow Him, I am so excited for her growth! The message tonight was from Ephesians and about honoring your parents. This is important scripture and can be adapted to anybody in a parental role in a child's life, but I imagion it was difficult for the girls at the orphanage to hear. I know the Lord is going to use this for their greater good, it is my prayer that the kids at Casa de Fe can see how God is our Father in heaven! There was a little party with snacks, for Mother's Day (a bit late). It consisted of mother's (and mother-like people) being thanked with this celebration. We also received a neat heart pencil complete with a holder. Following youth group we went to an excellent French fry restaurant to enjoy salchi papas (hotdogs and fries) with the group! It was fun being with the older girls in this setting, hearing them laugh, be blissful, and jamming out to awesome Latino music with the windows down was a special experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment